Innovation Meets Reliability and Productivity with P&H 9000 C-Series Draglines
Joy Global's P&H brand walking draglines handle some of the world’s most demanding material moving challenges and perform at unprecedented levels of efficiency, reliability and availability. And they’re built with customer inspired innovations that help optimize rugged, productive and safe performance.
More Customer Value
With boom lengths from 290 to 405 feet / 88.4 to 123 meters providing an industry-leading operating radius and a highly reliable four-chord boom design, the flagship P&H 9020C delivers giant productivity gains. Using computer analysis, Joy Global engineers have optimized the geometry of the A-frame, mast, and boom combination for maximum weight utilization, structural integrity, and dynamic performance.
The P&H 9020C features advanced solutions to the most demanding challenges facing mining operators today. From tub to boom point, the proven systems add up to a giant leap forward in dragline productivity.
Optimized by Design
Joy Global's P&H brand draglines benefit from engineers and Joy Global Surface personnel who are relentless about getting it right. From safety advances and on-time delivery and assembly, to engineering designs that better facilitate day-to-day maintenance and inspection, our goal is to design and deliver a product that is your best solution for increased production, reduced downtime, and lowest cost per ton.
The P&H Gradial Tub
- A greater strength-to-weight ratio handles multi-directional loads, allowing increased reach and load capacity
- A gradial design provides multiple load paths for ground induced forces, eliminating weak points and extending the life of the tub
- An innovative, patented Verti-Shield welding process joins all intersecting plates with one continuous weld, resulting in minimal distortion and residual stresses
- A triangular pattern provides large spaces for maintenance and inspection
Large Diameter Roller Circle and Raised Roller Path
- Large diameter roller circle provides low loading in the rail pad support structure and increases reliability of tub and deck structures
- Specially processed forged steel for longer roller and rail life
- A raised roller path provides a larger space for inspection and maintenance of components
- Internal gear design of swing rack provides better load sharing between teeth
- Large diameter rack reduces gear and pinion loads
Boom and A-Frame
- Wide flange chords allow for full penetration weld joints and ease of inspection from boom walkways
- Four chord design provides more stability
- A patented design with flatter bottom of boom improves visibility of boom point sheaves and balances axial working loads
- Saddle mounted boom point sheaves allows 16.5° of swivel to follow the pendulum lag of the hoist rope, increasing allowable swing speed
- The A-frame is optimized to reduce load forces and provide maximum rated suspended load
Electrical System at a Glance
- The Centurion control system utilizes standard industry protocols and provides a platform that is scalable for future advancements
- Intelligent sensors and I/O devices to monitor and control the dragline enable machine health reporting and performance enhancement systems
- Advanced communication and monitoring links to mine management and maintenance crews reduce downtime
- A Centurion-based Graphical User Interface (GUI) in the operator cab and machinery house provide continuous feedback on all operating systems, empowering walking dragline operators to get peak performance from their machines
- The Centurion system utilizes finger-safe 24VCD for maximized safety
- Distributed I/O drops and fiber-optic cable linking drives, in addition to a supervisory controller, reduce wiring, resulting in reduced potential points of failure and simplified troubleshooting
Consult your Joy Global representative for more information on the entire line of P&H brand draglines.